Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Long Walk Home

During my bike rides home from work at night, I'm always watching the streets and surroundings and wishing I had my camera with me. But I never do. And I never seem to be around these areas any other time. Or rather, I havn't made the time to go back with my camera.

The other night we had a staff party at work so of course I brought my camera in the hope of coming away with some nice shots. When I was leaving, I decided to walk my way home. Seven km. At around midnight. Now I had done this before, but that was only because my bike tyre blewout and couldn't fix it on the spot, and I'm too cheap for a taxi (it was New Years and wouldn't be able to get one anyway...oh, and it was freezing and raining, and i had just worked several 13 hour shifts). But this time it was all me. And it wasn't raining.

I think I'm missing the trains now that I'm not rideing them for hours everyday to work. Esspecially at night. It's much more calm and the darkness contrasting with the orange glow from the light make it much more clear. In the day light you can see everything, at night you can only see the train yard.

Maxed out at ISO 3200 the whole way with shutter speeds well below handholdable, and somewhat under the influence, I managed to (i think...) get some shots. I'll have to go back sometime with my tripod and when I'm not on my way somewhere. Anyway...interesting for me, hopefully for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment