Sunday, October 11, 2009

moonlight


Saw the sky filled with a beautiful blanket of clouds the other night. Row after row of clouds with the moon poking through. On the tripod, I originally did a nice 30 second exposure, f11 at iso200 too preserve the quality, but that just ended up blurring all the layers of the clouds together. So I went to the other side of the spectrum...ISO 6400, f1.8, with a shutter at 1/4s. Tripped it with the timer.

A little levels and contrast adjustment is all it needed.

Now that winter is coming (still don't want to admit it's here already), and the sun has taken a vacation, I've been shooting, and thinking of shooting, stuff at night. And I've been cranking the ISO way up as well and not minding the noise too much, but actually liking it in some cases such as my last post. I actually did no noise reduction and shot the clarity slider all the way up on those. Don't know if that's the proper way for getting the look that I have in my head, but I'm still learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment